background

Saturday, June 19, 2010

New Cakes Tab!

Hello Readers! Did you notice there is a new tab on this blog?!?

I recently have gotten into cake decorating and though it would be a fun tab to add! My cakes are nowhere NEAR professional quality...but I'm hoping that one day, with lots of practice, I might get there! As I learn things in my cake classes and discover things on my own, I will be sharing pictures and cake-making secrets that I find!

I made my FIRST CAKE for my class this last week. Instead of just making a regular cake-mix cake, I decided to try something a little different. I tried a recipe called the ENHANCED cake mix. It turned out really well. The cake was moist and tasted much more like a homemade cake than cake out of the box!

Here's the recipe if you'd like to try...

Cake Mix (any kind will work!)
Cake mix ingredients on the back of the box
1 C. flour
1 C. sugar
1 C. sour cream
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

And here's a picture of my cake! :)

1 comment: